Home > About HGS > Our School Rules & Discipline Policy
Our School Rules & Discipline Policy
1. BE PUNCTUAL FOR ALL SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Pupils must be punctual for all school activities. They must be punctual for flag-raising which commences at 7.30 a.m.
- Pupils must be present on all school days. Their parents should write to seek the Principal's permission at least one week in advance should they need to be excused due to official commitments such as external competitions and exams. If pupils are ill, they should submit a medical certificate or a note from their parents on their return to school.
- Pupils must not leave the school premises before they are dismissed for the day without permission from the teachers.
2. BE HONEST, COURTEOUS AND WELL-BEHAVED AT ALL TIMES
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens must stand at attention, sing the National Anthem and take the National Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Pupils must not frighten, threaten or bully others online or offline.
- Pupils are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bing any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- Pupils should not engage in buying or selling of things either online or in person to schoolmates.
- Pupils must not forge signatures.
- Pupils must not steal.
- Pupils must switch off their mobile phones during all school activities. They can only use their mobile phones in the canteen and near school gate before and after school hours.
- Pupils must use social media responsibly. They must respect other users and adhere to netiquette. All pupils under the eligible age for any social media platform (e.g Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) are allowed to use social media only if their parents register the accounts for them and supervise their use of these platforms.
- Pupils are not allowed to use motorised or non-motorised modes of transport (e.g: scooters, skateboards, hover boards, unicycles, etc.) within the school compound. If they use them to travel from home to school, they will need to park these vehicles at a designated point upon arrival at school.
3. BE PROPERLY ATTIRED AND BEHAVE LIKE A LADY
- Pupils must wear the prescribed school uniform with white socks and shoes. Modifications to the uniform are not allowed.
- Pupils must wear the PE T-shirt and brown shorts for PE lessons or games.
- Pupils must not put on make-up, keep long nails or use nail polish.
- Pupils must be neat and tidy.
-Shoulder length hair must be tied up neatly. Only simple and small brown, orange, yellow, white or black ribbons, clips and hair bands are allowed. Hair must not coloured.
-Only small and simple earrings are allowed. Other forms of jewellery or ornaments must not be worn. Wrist watches must be plain and simple.
- Spot checks will be conducted to ensure that pupils are properly attired.
School Attire & General Appearance
4. BE PROUD OF MY WORK
- Pupils must complete and hand in assignments or projects on time.
5. KEEP THE SCHOOL CLEAN AND LITTER FREE
- Pupils must throw all litter and rubbish into the bins provided.
- Pupils must use the recycling bins for items that can be recycled.
- Pupils must keep the toilets clean.
- Pupils must eat or drink only in the school canteen.
- Pupils must not vandalise school properties.
Assessment / Examination Rules & Regulations
- Pupils must be punctual for all examinations
- Pupils must remain silent throughout the examination.
- Pupils must not cheat, attempt to cheat or help others to cheat during all assessments/examinations.
- Pupils must not bring mobile phones, pagers or any other electronic devices into the examination room.
- Pupils who are ill should not be in school for tests and examinations. If a pupil has a temperature of 37.6 C and above, she will not be allowed to sit for the test / exam and her parents will be asked to take her home. If a pupil misses a test / exam because of illness, she needs to submit a medical certificate. The pupil will not get a '0' for the test / exam. The school will indicate 'VR' (Valid Reason) in her report book and her overall marks will be pro-rated accordingly. There will be no make-up assessments for the written and listening comprehension assessments.
- Pupils who are absent for a test / exam for reasons other than illness should produce relevant documents. There will be no make-up assessments for the written and listening comprehension assessments.
- There will be no make-up assessments for the written and listening comprehension assessments.
If found breaking school or examination rules, any of the following disciplinary actions will be taken as deemed fit by the school:
- Deduction of marks
- Performing corrective work
- Close monitoring by form/subject teacher(s) or the Discipline Committee
- Any other actions deemed appropriate by the Principal