Thinking of joining a Sports CCA? Look no further! How cool will it be to tell everyone that you are in a Soccer CCA in a girls’ school?
Joining Soccer is not just about learning how to play Soccer. It helps hone you into a resilient and confident athlete.
Here are some of the objectives of the Soccer CCA:
- To develop fundamental motor skills and understanding of game concepts
- To acquire soccer skills and techniques with emphasis on sports-related and team-building activities
- To learn importance of values like self-discipline, determination and teamwork
- To develop social integration and develop a sense of belonging
- To demonstrate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies, 21st century competencies (21CC) and school values (Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Concern and Cooperation)
Through commitment and passion for the game, our Soccer team has consistently achieved a Top 4 placing in the National School Games Football Championship every year since 2010.
Opportunities are also provided for students who are not part of the school team. At the end of each year, all students will take part in the FAS Soccer Festival, a friendly competition where students can apply what they have learnt during CCA and have more exposure to the beautiful game. Additionally, a sports camp is organised at the end of each year for our Soccer girls to develop critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills.
What are you waiting for? Come join the HGS Soccer Family now!
Mr Muhammad Asyik Bin Abdul Aziz (OIC)
Mr Muhamad Ansar Bin Kamsan
Ms Lim Mei Shan
Ms Nur Farahani Binti Abdul Mutalib
CCA session: Mondays, 3.15pm - 4.45pm, School Field/Netball Court
D3T2 session: Fridays, 3.30pm - 5.00pm, School Field/Netball Court