About Art Club
We provide opportunities for our members to develop and deepen their interests in visual art. We achieve this objective by introducing them to different art forms, mediums and artworks done by artists. We hope to inspire and excite them vis-a-vis the different group activities conducted over four school terms in 2019.
Our programme is student-centric, while our approach aims to encourage members to explore their own ideas, thoughts and imagination in a safe environment whilst they express themselves through their works.
We strive to inculcate the following skills and values in our members:
● Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Competencies
● 21st Century Competencies (21CC) and
● School Values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Concern and Cooperation
These are some of the projects that our members are undertaking in 2019.
1. Curating End of Year exhibition
Members curate artefacts as the Club sets up this highly popular Art Exhibition. There are different aspects of planning and organizing and include:
● Planning the layout and floor map
● Selecting and categorizing artworks done by P1 to P5 schoolmates, D3T2 students as well as Art Club members themselves.
2. Art Club students are involved in CCA carnival, conducting interesting activities to recruit new members for the following year.
Mdm Salinah bte Misri (OIC)
Mrs Mabel Ang
Mrs Christina Hing
CCA session: Mondays, 2.15 - 3.45pm, Art Room 1 and 2