Netball is a popular sports CCA in Haig Girls’ School. We strive to inculcate school values and sportsmanship through the Netball CCA programme.
Our objectives are:
• To encourage the love of the game through the teaching of Netball skills and concepts
• To enable students to acquire the understanding of playing a netball game
• To instil a sense of responsibility and discipline through routines
• To enable students to develop their fundamental motor skills and movement concepts
• To develop student athletes who are team players and persevere in difficult situations
• To provide opportunities for students to apply their leadership skills through Netball sessions
• To develop friendship and a sense of belonging
All students participating in Netball CCA are taught the concepts and rules of the game. They also work on their fundamental movement skills through drills and activities. Students who show potential to compete at a higher level will be selected for the D3T2 Training Squad. They will undergo vigorous training twice a week – Mondays and Fridays to develop their Netball competencies.
On top of skills and knowledge acquisition in the Netball sessions, students are provided with opportunities to develop 21CC through experiential learning outside the classroom.
Netballers are given the opportunity to compete in the National School Games Netball Zonal Championships and also various Sports Carnivals and Friendly Games with other teams. Our HGS team managed to clinch the 1st Runner-up in the East Zone Primary Schools Netball Championship Junior Division in 2017 and Champions in the East Zone Primary Schools Netball Championship Senior Division 2018.
Miss Cheong Long Xin (OIC)
Ms Angeline Guay
Mrs Estee Goh
Miss Zhang Ying
CCA Session: Mondays, 2.15pm - 3.45pm, Netball Court